Security is a concern for most people in the world that we live in. This does not mean that a secure home has to an unattractive home. In more recent times security screen door designs have continued to develop. More options and more designs are readily available and security screen doors do not just resemble metal bars that remind you of a prison.
When looking for security screen doors there are a number of essential features to look for. Security screen doors can be used for a number of reasons:
- Provide security and peace of mind for your home
- To allow the breeze to flow through in summer without having your home open to the public
- To create a barrier that allows that breeze in but helps stop the free reign of pets and children in and out of the house.
Whatever your reasoning you can usually find a design that will blend in with the surrounding décor of your home.
We offer a number of security door and security screen door options. These consist of:
- Tubular Steel Frames
- Roll Form Steel Frames
- Aluminium Security Doors
- Galvanised Steel Frames
Within these categories there are plenty of colours and designs to choose from. All doors come standard with:
- Single point whitco snib lock and two keys. The exception to this is for a sliding aluminium screen door, where a basic latch is used.
- Mesh of your choice (more info below)
- Door closer
- Black handle.
Additional items that can be considered are:
- Frame Upgrade – Steel outer frames can be used for added security
- Kick plate – some doors come standard with a kick plate, if not we can easily add one for you.
- Half Panels – for added protection against weather and pets.
- Pet Entrance – available any size.
When choosing your door you should carefully consider what mesh you place on your doors. Mesh choices are below:
A light weight mesh suitable for aluminium doors and flyscreens. Black only. A budget option.
A slightly stronger than fibreglass. Suitable for aluminium doors and flyscreens. Black only.
Heavy duty aluminium mesh. Recommended option for steel doors. Black only.
Limited Vision Mesh (DVA)
Allows you to look out clearly but restricts others looking in. Recommended option for steel doors, particularly front entrance doors. Can be colour matched to your door frame.
Galvanised Steel Mesh
Perforated. For maximum security. Offers full vision both ways. Can be used on any steel or aluminium door. Black only. Recommended for security screen doors with no bars.
Stainless Steel Mesh – Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel Mesh.
For maximum security. Offers full vision both ways. Can be used on any steel door or aluminium door. Black only. Recommended for security screen doors with no bars.
Remember, even when you are at home, it is advisable that your security doors and screens be kept locked at all times.